Everyday Alchemy: Discover the Extraordinary in Every Moment

Alchemy:(n.) The power or process of transforming something common into something extraordinary. Hi! I'm Sarah Robinson, Business Coach and Resident Alchemist. Welcome to my Blog. My mission is to bring the powerful magic of Everyday Alchemy into the daily lives of Life Adventurers everywhere (especially those with an entrepenurial bent!). Let me know how this resonates with you-I am fascinated! Email me: sarah@everydayalchemy.com. Visit my website at http://www.everydayalchemy.com/

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Monday, November 14, 2005

A Day De-Railed

All my big plans for today (remember I am a Very Important Person!) just went in the toilet! My three year old son is recovering from a very nasty cold. Though he is well enough to run around the house, demand that someone play with him and generally be the enrgetic boy that he is, he is still sniffeling and coughing too much to send him to his school. So, what to do? As I see it I have two choices:

1)Plop him in front of the television, pray it keeps him entertained all day and feel angry and put upon whenever it fails to keep him still (I've actually tried doing that-what an exercise in frustration for all involved! And yes, there are times when I forget what is truly important in my life).

OR

2) Make a reasonable list - say two or three small things that I can actually accomplish while he is napping or watching his beloved Wiggles and take a deep breath. I can also envision what the Best Mommy In The World might do for her little boy who doesn't feel well and take aim at being her - even if it is just for a few minutes at a time.

At the end of the day, which choice will leave me with the sweetest feeling about my life? Which choice is on the path of creating Everyday Alchemy?

I have to go now. The Best Mommy In the World would fix waffles for her sick little boy because they are his very favorite thing-I have to catch up with her!

Find Something Magical In Today!

Love,
Sarah