Everyday Alchemy: Discover the Extraordinary in Every Moment

Alchemy:(n.) The power or process of transforming something common into something extraordinary. Hi! I'm Sarah Robinson, Business Coach and Resident Alchemist. Welcome to my Blog. My mission is to bring the powerful magic of Everyday Alchemy into the daily lives of Life Adventurers everywhere (especially those with an entrepenurial bent!). Let me know how this resonates with you-I am fascinated! Email me: sarah@everydayalchemy.com. Visit my website at http://www.everydayalchemy.com/

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, October 06, 2005

"I Am Blessed"

The other day I traveled to a Salvation Army headquarters to take some clothes to the victims of Katrina. My week has been less than satisfying (one of the many reasons I have not posted sooner this week!), so during my drive my brain really chewed on all that was wrong in my world. While I was waiting to speak with the director of the center, I heard her greet a woman who had come to seek assistance. Mind you this woman lost everything and had two small children at her skirts. Here is what I heard:

Mrs. Director, "Good morning. How are you?"
Woman Who Lost Everything: "I am blessed today. How are you?"

You could have knocked me over with a feather. This woman had every right and even permission to list all that was wrong with her world. But she chose to respond with "I am blessed." I can't stop thinking about her and how pathetic my life complaints are in the grand scheme of things. So, I've decided to try to immulate her. When I fall into my pattern of complaining to myself, I will stop and say, "I am blessed." Does it stop the chatter? Sometimes. At least is it something new. I am working up my nerve now to say "I am blessed." to the next person who asks how I am. I'll let you know how it goes!

Along those same lines, I am re-reading Simple Abundance by Sarah Ban BreathnachIt is a book of daily meditations by a woman who gets it. She works from home, has a family and yearns for something more in her life. Reading her soothing words calms my soul like having a conversation with a good friend, I highly recommend it.

Find Something Extraordianry In Today!

Love,
Sarah