Everyday Alchemy: Discover the Extraordinary in Every Moment

Alchemy:(n.) The power or process of transforming something common into something extraordinary. Hi! I'm Sarah Robinson, Business Coach and Resident Alchemist. Welcome to my Blog. My mission is to bring the powerful magic of Everyday Alchemy into the daily lives of Life Adventurers everywhere (especially those with an entrepenurial bent!). Let me know how this resonates with you-I am fascinated! Email me: sarah@everydayalchemy.com. Visit my website at http://www.everydayalchemy.com/

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, August 05, 2005

Essential Elements #3: Check Your Assumptions

I watched What the Bleep Do We Know last night. Wow! Talk about checking your assumptions! The whole idea behind the movie is that, ultimately, our thoughts about our reality create our reality. Wrap your brain around that for awhile. It is close to the concept of "self-fulfilling prophecy": Once we believe a certain outcome is inevitable, our subconscious actions and energies will set about creating that outcome. I know that it sounds way woo-woo, but the movie interviews physicists who believe that it is a scientific fact-they call it Quantum Physics.

So, if our thoughts impact the creation of our reality, what assumptions are you making about your life or about people or circumstances in your life? What stories are you telling yourself are true? Are they true? Are you absolutely positively sure they are true? Just for the sake of arguement, try re-writing something you believe is unchangeable in your life-just write in on paper with a different ending-even if you don't think it could actually happen that way. How does it feel to just imagine a happy fulfilling outcome? Let that feeling inspire you to just consider that your assumptions may not be as caste in stone as you think.

Want to be inspired by the movie? What The Bleep Do We Know

Discover Something Extraordinary In Today!

Sarah