Everyday Alchemy: Discover the Extraordinary in Every Moment

Alchemy:(n.) The power or process of transforming something common into something extraordinary. Hi! I'm Sarah Robinson, Business Coach and Resident Alchemist. Welcome to my Blog. My mission is to bring the powerful magic of Everyday Alchemy into the daily lives of Life Adventurers everywhere (especially those with an entrepenurial bent!). Let me know how this resonates with you-I am fascinated! Email me: sarah@everydayalchemy.com. Visit my website at http://www.everydayalchemy.com/

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, July 17, 2005

More Recommended Reading

Okay, I admit it. I am a book junkie. Reading is and always has been one of my very favorite hobbies. My husband says that the house could burn down while I am reading a book and I would never notice. Anyone trying to have a conversation with me while I am engrossed in my latest find is always frustrated at my lack of engagement. The two books I am currently reading are no exception. I cannot be trusted to open them if there is something I must be responsible for - like my son or not burning dinner. And, I must confess, reading them has taken precedence over making timely posts to my blogs.

What books have a found so fascinating? Glad you asked! (Clicking on the title will take you to Amazon.)

Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince
Before you gufaw, let me tell you that for a long, long time I wrote these books off as fluff. I mean how good could they possibly be? Well, I am here to tell you that they are all that good. J.K Rowling's latest installment rivals Goblet of Fire (Book IV) as my all time favorite-and I just got it yesterday! Though these books are technically for children, there is much for grownups to learn about life in them as well.

A Whole New MindAs many of you know, I am an avid fan of Fast Company magazine and Dan Pink has written some of my favorite articles for them. I am just three chapters into it, but this is an incredible read for those who are looking for more evidence that Right Brain Skills will lead the way in our ever-changing world market. Creativity, Mr. Pink argues, cannot be offshored and therefore the demand for it as a job/life skill will only continue to grow. Hence, the latest business trend - MFA's are becoming a more preferred advanced degree to an MBA.

The thing I love about both of these books is they give me, and any potential reader, a different way of viewing the world. Maybe all books do that for me and that is why I love reading as much as I do.

Find Something Extraordinary Today!
Sarah