Everyday Alchemy: Discover the Extraordinary in Every Moment

Alchemy:(n.) The power or process of transforming something common into something extraordinary. Hi! I'm Sarah Robinson, Business Coach and Resident Alchemist. Welcome to my Blog. My mission is to bring the powerful magic of Everyday Alchemy into the daily lives of Life Adventurers everywhere (especially those with an entrepenurial bent!). Let me know how this resonates with you-I am fascinated! Email me: sarah@everydayalchemy.com. Visit my website at http://www.everydayalchemy.com/

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, June 11, 2005

Recommended Reading

This is a list of books and magazines that will guide anyone on the quest for Everyday Alchemy. If you have suggestions to add to the list, please let me know! If you click on the title you will go straight to amazon.com. I recommend buying used copies of any book-they're cheaper and the words are the same!

The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
This is shortest life changing parable I've ever read. If you want to get to the heart of creating alchemy in your own life, this is a must read.

Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand
It's a controversial choice I know. While some of 12 page monologues are tough to slog through and her worship of man is a little over the top at times, Ayn Rand's book promises to make you think about your personal obligation to yourself and the kind of world you want to create.

Finding Your Own North Star by Martha Beck
Martha Beck changed my life in many ways. I've read a lot of so-called self-help books in my life and this is the only one that resonates with me on every single page. I was lucky enough to be chosen by Martha for her Life Coach training program. You can also read Martha's monthly column in Oprah Magazine at oprah.com.

The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron
If you want a self-guided path to more alchemy and creativity in your daily life, this is the book for you. I'll warn you now, if you read it, your view of life will be forever changed.

The Power of Focus by Jack Canfield
My ability to choose priorities and set goals received a huge boost from Mr. Canfield (of Chicken Soup for the Soul fame). Mental acuity is the name of the game for this book.

It's Only Too Late If You Don't Start Now by Barbara Sher
Actually anything by Barbara Sher is well-worth the read. She's like a fairy godmother who knows how hard it is the muster the energy and courage to take a step toward your dream. She is a supreme strategist in designing and executing a plan to get you into the life of your dreams.

Boundary Power by Mike O'Neil
If you are struggling with Essential Element #1, this workbook will really help. Learning where you stop and others start (i.e. boundaries) is the foundation for creating Everyday Alchemy in your life.

Unplug The Christmas Machine by Jo Robinson
All I can say is this book has transformed Christmas from a holiday I dreaded into a season that holds all the wonder and joy I can imagine.

Money and the Meaning of Life by Jacob Needleman
What are you trading your daily life for? Is it worth it? This book will help you find out.

Man's Search for Meaning by Victor Frankl
The name says it all.

Worthwhile Magazine
This is my new favorite magazine (well, next to Oprah!). It's all about creating meaning in our work-and making money at the same time. If that's not Everyday Alchemy, I don't know what is!

Fast Company Magazine
No matter what other people say, I still think this magazine's got it going on. It's like reading a monthly magazine about people who are creating Everyday Alchemy in the workplace.